IN THIS ISSUE:
• Prof. Huang and his team extracted data from eight comparative studies and performed a meta-analysis to assess the risk of gastric cancer in proton pump inhibitors (PPI) users.
• The Clinical Practice section shows the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) protocol recently adopted in a Gastric Cancer Unit based on current evidences from a literature review.
• Robotic surgery has revolutionized the way surgeons perform minimally invasive surgery and can improve some challenging steps during gastrectomy. Dr. Giovanardi in the Technical Note section shows tips and tricks of a robotic subtotal gastrectomy.
• Among the other contents Dr. Rossi shows a rare case of multiple neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) of the small bowel in a patient admitted for intestinal obstruction.
• The Editorial Board is pleased to open the Video section of the journal and in the present issue a case of advanced gastric cancer in a 12-year-old child is described.
Published: March 15, 2020