IN THIS ISSUE
• Prof. Vito D’Andrea in the editorial introduces aims and scope of this new journal.
• Prof. Amilcare Parisi and Prof. Chang-Ming Huang highlight a new concept of scientific cooperation and the establishment of an International Gastric Cancer Unit (IGCU).
• Dr. Jacopo Desiderio shows the rationale of an innovative study on lymphadenectomy assisted by the fluorescence imaging technology during robotic gastrectomy. This study aims to validate the concept of Navigation Surgery.
• The International Study Group on Minimally Invasive Surgery for Gastric cancer (IMIGASTRIC Research Group) publishes a protocol for a prospective data collection with high methodological quality on minimally invasive and open gastrectomies.
• Among the other contents there are an update on the use of new technologies in gastric surgery and a technical note on reconstruction after laparoscopic gastrectomy.
Published: Dec 16, 2019