IN THIS ISSUE:
• Post-operative complications in gastric cancer surgery are analyzed in a large series of patients to investigate risk factors related to clinical and oncological features.
• ERAS protocols are spreading worldwide to improve perioperative outcomes. A PSM analysis from the IMIGASTRIC database compares the ERAS and the standard management in patients underwent gastrectomy.
• A rare case of gastric carcinosarcoma is reported with a literature review.
• Dr. Gambardella describes a case of LAGB followed by complications that arose after about thirty years.
• Dr. Aljarboo shows a case of gastric cancer after sleeve gastrectomy.
• A novel surgical approach for GISTs of the gastric antrum is proposed in the technical note section.
• A Correspondence with Prof. V. M. dos Santos is added to discuss gastric signet ring cell carcinoma.