IN THIS ISSUE:
• Analysis of a large database of patients diagnosed with perforated peptic ulcer, including a comparison between laparoscopy and open surgery.
• Prof. Chang-Ming Huang and his team report the results from the largest singlecenter experience of laparoscopic treatment of gastric GISTs.
• Prof. Nicola Di Lorenzo presents the current evidence on ICG use during bariatric surgery for assessment of tissue perfusion at the anastomotic site.
• Dr. Domenico Di Nardo provides an overview of technological perspectives, from virtual reality to 5G networking.
• Dr. Piatto demonstrates how to correctly face up a severe bariatric surgery complication.
• Sarcina ventriculi is implicated in gastric ulcers, emphysematous gastritis, and gastric perforation, but the literature contains few related articles; Dr. Qing Wei reports detailed pathology findings from two patients.
• The video selected for this number depicts use of a hybrid laparoscopic–robotic approach for a completion total gastrectomy.
Published: June 15, 2020